Wednesday, July 15, 2009

im irish....


claire asked me to make her a mix full of irish tunes from my itunes. while i was putting together a collection of fun, whiskey drinking, toe tapping and story telling tunes. I then remembered Kate Rubsy. Anyone heard of her? Well if not, you should. Check out the album called "Ten" which is a greatest hits collection. Her voice is heart-breaking and her story telling (that is how irish sing by the way) whimsickle!
"Ten" reminds me of winter of 2004. I remember driving to westboro, ma and going to six or seven record shops trying to find this record before i returned to college. I finally found it in a borders books. It was winter time, snow was on the ground and sun was going down. Irish music has wonderful winter emotions. I know it is summer. but it feels good to feel cold. At least when it is 95 outside.

0 comments: