Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Josh Rouse & Brad Jones: Free Music


I have always enjoyed Josh Rouse music. "1972" was the first Rouse album that I fell in love with, next to "Nashville". Rouse's uses the combination of strings with the classic hook of a singer-songwriter feel to deliver quality music and express life to it's fullest.

Brad Jones is the producer of both "1972" and "Nashville" and have a very districtive style on how he produces his music. Honestly, he is probably one of my favorite people when it comes to music production. He has a great understanding of music and how to capture the emotion and tense of the music. ( I am going to write more on Brad Jones soon, so look forward to that)

With all of this being said, Josh Rouse and Brad Jones have teamed up again for a new album that will be released in February of 2010. It's entitled "El Turista" meaning the tourist. I have heard some of the tracks from the album and it has a great feel of ocean waves and walking the streets of Spain. Their first single of the album is called "I Will Live On Islands" and you can download it free at Spinner ( click here for a download or http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/08/josh-rouse-i-will-live-on-islands-free-mp3-of-the-day/ )If you look around on the internet, you can also find for free the song called "Valencia", but first brush up on your spanish.


On a more personal note: I heard this song and loved it. Listening to the lyrics in more dept, I found that I somewhat realate to the person the song. No, I am not in jail but the feeling of being captured. I am happy to know, that there a good feelings songs out there. Ones that I can sympathize with and tap my toes.


Go download and listen. If you like the sound, you will also enjoy Josh Rouse's album called "Subtitulo" with was also produced by Brad Jones.

0 comments: