Monday, July 7, 2008

Hour of the Wolf

Night time is the time when the blinds are dimmed down, so the moonlight can barely peak in and your bedroom begins to feel a lot smaller. Usually when I go to bed, I have my computer next to me, so I can play some form of music. I have a bunch of play lists and usually drift away into some sleep. However, I have been having a hard time sleeping at night. I usually stay awake passed my play lists (usually full of instrumental from LOST or some random soundtrack) and I lay in the dark. I listen to the silence and I feel the night.
Have you see the movie "Hour of the Wolf" by Ingmar Bergman? It is about the loneliest hour which is between night and dawn (around 3am to 4am). The movie focuses on an individual who deals with his past through nightmares from his past and how it effects him during this "hour of the wolf". Either way, the movie does a good job at describing the loneliness of the night and how people face their thoughts. Sometime I feel like I am in that movie (but not as extreme as the premise of the movie) but instead just aware of the world around me.
One night, God showed up. Now, when I say, "God showed up:. I am not talking about a burning bush, actual hearing a voice or even a physical presence. However, it was more of a fear with a rush of hope and comfort. I think sometimes, in life, we (or I) get so wrapped up in the stories, the problems and distractions, that I forget about God continually being there. It is not until I still in silence, in complete dark, in the hour of wolf, I feel and recognize something stirring. Something is calling me to be alive. Awake to hear a direction. I usually find some peace and then slowly fade into my dreams.
"I have learned how to swim but not to breathe underneath the water."(It Takes Time by Glen Phillips) I feel sometimes my belief is always challenged and continually being awaken in the night by what God wants me to see and direction to face. But as for now, it is just one big puzzle with all of the pieces slowly jumbling into a focused picture.

5 comments:

Claire said...

when you learn to breathe underwater, will you please teach me?

Anonymous said...

not sure... i may want to join the circus or do an amazing David Blain event

Claire said...

david blain sucks.

Anonymous said...

david blaine

Claire said...

oh geez. he just sucks so badly that who cares how to spell his name!!!