Sunday, September 28, 2008

"call the surgeon,
mend the pieces."

this week has been a tough week for me. I recently bought the new William Fitzsimmons album called "The Sparrow and the Scarecrow". When reading the liner notes, he dedicate the album to the "heartbroken and those who's had to break hearts".I find the topic so beautiful to dedicate an entire album too. Cheers to him.
There is a song on the album called, "If you come back home" which just fits my mood today. The lyrics above are from the album and it just fits where I am right now. I want that surgeon to come and fix me.
I have been sad this week. A lot of sad things,
conversations and topics have occurred and there seems to be no easy fix. I see the people around me and I see the hurt and pain. I see how my generation is about numbing themselves from feeling any emotions (at least negative ones). In the middle of my anger and confuse I want to find that numbness. Instead, this week I have been spending the time within it all. It hurts. It proves to me that I need to hope in something more than a substitution. I need Christ. I need mercy and grace. However I feel stranded in a town. Five years and waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...I'm looking at organizing a little event at the new Clemson Dunkin Donuts. Came across your blog during a search for Dunkin Donuts. Can you tell me exactly why you are against them? Because heck, I might agree with you. What's the beef?
tonivitanza@hotmail.com

Justin Scott said...

We're in this with you, friend.